Clothing was an expression of: social class, gender and role in society, age and religion. The more wealth or prestiege one had the more eleborate their clothing would be.
- Nobles: cotton
- Lower classes: Ayate fiber made from Maguey Cactus
Masks: worn for rituals
Hair: women: neaxlahualli. Braids. Headdresses
- Maxtl: loincloth
- Tilmahtle / Tilma. Triangular cape. conveys social status
- Cueitl: skirs
- Cihua Necuitlalpiloni: sashes
- Huiplilli: sleeveless blouse
- warriors clothing displayed heirarchy and bravery.
- hero’s got most lavish clothing
- animal costumes provided strength of the animal they would wear